dinsdag 25 december 2012

Time has passed and experience came in...

It's been a while since I wrote here and although I don't mean it, I still do some work now and again (when not suffering from debilitating back injuries and other nonsense).
So heres a hellhound/hyena I've done for arecent contest:
 
 

The canvas format is that of the magic the gathering cards, so would you like to use a custom card this image will fit right in. I'm greatly thrilled when I look at this image and the progress I've made since earlier. The play of colours and detail gets a bit easier every time, but don't get me wrong I'm not confident enough yet to be able to come close to replicating this result :)

Next for a "real pokemon" contest (that already passed but I wanted to partake anyway) I took this:


And combined them into these:


A living breathing blue frog carrying a dizzying marble in it's mouth for no particular reason.
Currently I'm working on the following progress:



In these images you see a three eyes scurry for a contest on CGHub.com. For the image I got the following creature description:
Challenge Overview: 
The triclops' primary sense is the 3 eyes it has. It is a nocturnal little creature that gets frightened easily, so it spends much of its time looking around for predators before making any type of move. It is a quadruped with 2 smaller limbs used to handle food. (6 limbs total) All other physical traits are up to you.

A great little contest if you ask me. Go HERE to see what other people did with this description. Anyway what you see is a creature that has 3 eyes evenly spared around his skull to have 360 view (though lacking somewhat on the depth department). His eyes are set high upon it's head so they are the first to come up from it's ground burrow. It doesn't have a head persé as it's boca or mouth is situated on it's breast to load food inside it's bulbous body. Being nocturnal and day, the pupils of the creature are very tiny while it's eyes arent. The problem with it is that the creature looks very cartoonlike while my goal was for it to look realistic. Well better luck next time!

I also came up with the idea with my friend Zombieburger to have a bit of a biweekly challenge between us to stimulate our skills some more. Hope to get some of this on in the near future.

Cheers!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten